Daily Scripture Reading and Meditation: Great Are Those Who Teach and Obey the CommandmentsJune 8, 2022
Redeeming the Time the Christian Way, by Michael PakalukJune 8, 2022
- The Supreme Court added to its calendar on Monday another day it will issue opinions on Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- Nine justices have 30 opinions left to release in the final weeks of their term
- June is usually hectic at the Supreme Court, but more so this year as the nine justices reshape social issues – like abortion and gun rights
- Supreme Court is also scrambling to salvage the federal Judicial Branch’s legitimacy after the leak last month showing a Roe v. Wade overturn
- Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre released a statement slamming a Louisiana law that would increase criminal consequences for abortion providers
- ‘The Louisiana legislature has taken the latest step in a growing attack against the fundamental freedoms of Americans,’ she wrote
- The law would increase prison maximums from five years to 10 and the fines from a range of $5,000 – $50,000 to between $10,000 – $100,000
- The law would go into effect if Roe v. Wade is overturned and punishes abortion providers and not the mother seeking to terminate her pregnancy
By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Polical Reporter, UK DailyMail, Updated
The Supreme Court added to its calendar on Monday an additional release of opinions scheduled for this week, including potentially the decision that could overturn Roe v. Wade.
With 30 opinions still not issued in the final weeks of the term, several will now drop on Wednesday, according to an update on the high court’s website.
While June is always a hectic time at the Supreme Court, this year is different as the nine justices reshape social issues – like abortion – and scramble to salvage the federal Judicial branch’s legitimacy after the leak last month. …
Continue reading >>>>